This control tower behind G-AJHO an externally accessed “control room” built onto the top of the staircase is, by virtue of the combination of the roof edge being protected with both solid and railing parapets, probably a tower to design 5845/39.
Towers of this type 5845/39 were built at Abingdon, Coningsby, Middleton St George, Mildenhall, North Luffenham, Oakington, Ouston, Swanton Morley, Swinderby, Syerston and Waterbeach. Having looked at the control towers UK site we’re pretty sure this is Swanton Morley. From June 1953 to 1995 the station was also used by 611 Volunteer Gliding School.
In 1968 ‘HO was operated by the Army Parachute Association